We are pleased to announce that the ISER Travel Fellowship application process for Young Investigators is now open through June 10, 2018.
Please review the eligibility criteria carefully.
Young Investigators have the possibility to apply fo a Travel Fellowship during he abstract submission process.
We look forward to receiving your applications!
We hope that ISER members will encourage Young Investigators to apply for a Travel Fellowship, in support of the participation of young scientists in ISER's Biennial Meeting in Belfast.
If you have any questions or need assistance during the abstract submission process, please contact the Program Content and Development Department at the ISER Meeting Secretariat: email@example.com
A letter of support from applicant’s supervisor verifying that they meet ISER’s eligibility requirements for a Travel Fellowship should be uploaded during the abstract submission process. If you experience problems with the upload, please send your letter to the Program Content and Development Department at the ISER Meeting Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for candidates
• Must be a current or new applicant (dues paid) ISER “Young Investigator” member
• Must be a symposium speaker or the first author of a poster (an upload of your abstract is required)
• Must meet the definition of “Young Investigator” as described in the ISER Bylaws
"Young Investigators shall be predoctoral or postdoctoral (PhD/MD/OD/DVM/DO) equivalent students, clinical residents, or clinical fellows engaged in vision/eye research for no longer than 7 years since their terminal degree."
• May not be a corporate employee
• May not be a previous recipient of an ISER Travel Fellowship
• A limit of one travel fellowship may be awarded to members of the same laboratory
• A limit of two travel fellowships may be awarded to members of the same institution
• Awards are based primarily upon scientific merit of the submitted abstract; secondary consideration is given to geographic location of the candidate in an effort to achieve diversified international representation
• Awardees are expected to attend/participate in the entire length of the XXII Biennial Meeting